The project includes the replacement of 8,635 feet sanitary sewer main and approximately 850 feet of water main. These improvements were identified based on a history of water main breaks or sanitary sewer main blockages. The project scope also includes street reclamation, sidewalk, and curb and gutter improvements. The following streets have been identified for the 2017 Water and Sanitary Sewer Main Replacement:
- Orchard Drive (Randol Mill Road to Nichols Drive)
- Nichols Drive (Cooper Street to Orchard Drive)
- Mitchell Street (Sunnyvale Drive to New York Avenue)
- 109th Street (Avenue E to Randol Mill Road)
- 113th Street (Randol Mill Road to city limit)
- Timberlake Drive (Park Row to city limit)
Project status: Arlington City Council approved a contract for design services with Kimley-Horn and Associates in August 2017. The amount is not to exceed $244,900.Related closures and outages: Some short term outages and street closures may be necessary to complete the work. Affected residents will be notified through face-to-face interactions, social media, and email communication.Questions about this project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.